Welcome.

I look at autism the same way I look at the common cold or flu. The common cold is temporary and curable, but like autism, it does not go away on its own. If left untreated, cold can get worse, becoming increasingly difficult to treat. Treating to cold can require different approaches. Each symptom (sore throat, cough, fever, ect) can be identified and specifically treated, but it is also extremely important to strengthen the immune system, so the body can fight it off and prevent it from catching anything else. Autism needs to be approached in the same way.
Autism is tricky and complex puzzle. Its many symptoms need to be identified and addressed in order for the whole to function normally. Unfortunately the spectrum is so vast, that there is no really picture to look to as a guide. Each child on the spectrum can be affected differently. Identifying and treating each piece of the individual autism puzzle can require removing many different layers and often many approaches.
Therapies and interventions beginning with the onset of the diagnosis, can have enormous affects and lead to the ultimate outcome. Autism is not just just in the brain, the body as a whole needs treated.
It is my goal to do everything in my power to lead Kingsley down the path to transcending her diagnosis.
Knowledge is my greatest asset in this battle therefore I am committed to learning as much as I can. It consumes me and I've found it difficult to keep track of everything I've come across in my constant googling. I decided to create this blog to organize the resources and information I find, along with share it with everyone involved with the healing process and loves my amazing little girl. - Megan

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Give Hope! Take Action!

A petition to call on President Obama and Congress to develop and implement a comprehensive national plan to address autism. 

I signed this petition because I believe we must develop a national plan to address autism issues including increased research funding, improved access to healthcare & services across the lifespan. I need you all to help us reach our goal. Please take 1 minute to help at http://bit.ly/autismplan then write DONE below so I can thank you!

RIGHT NOWwe could be quadrupling the amount of research money to find more answers for treatments for people with autism more quickly.

RIGHT NOW, we could be ending autism insurance discrimination nationwide.

RIGHT NOW, we could be ensuring our children have the services they need to live long after we are gone.

RIGHT NOW, we get what we ask for by putting our name on the line.


No comments:

Post a Comment